Vulnerable Surfaces: Hacking of Cars & Healthcare
The Nissan Leaf can be hacked through its mobile app. Our hospitals have many more vulnerable surfaces – a recent ISE report identifies solutions.
Sourced through Scoop.it from: blog.check-and-secure.com
Many MedTech suppliers don’t seem to care about security since their equipment is "protected by the hospitals firewall".
- How do they upgrade and patch their software?
- The product life cycle. How to keep software up-to-date with the latest tech and security protection?
- If a hacker uses this equipment as a backdoor into the hospital system and, for instance, inject ransomware, and close down the whole hospital, what will the hospital think about that? Liability?
- What do the patients think about their life and safety is reduced to a liability issue?
- What does FDA have to say about this now? In three years’ time? For how long time do they plan to sell their products?