5 steps to cybersecurity for Internet of Things medical devices
Forrester Research offers insight into best practices to prevent criminals from wreaking havoc as IoT innovation outpaces medical device security.
Start asking device manufacturers for better security controls and don’t settle for excuses. Require that they:
1) Conduct pen testing and/or threat modeling;
2) Have a roadmap to build security logging into software;
3) Bring existing vulnerabilities to your attention;
4) Follow and provide guidance on best practices for protecting the device as outlined by the FDA, MDISS and other relevant authorities.
5) Present a completed Manufacturer Disclosure Statement for Medical Device Security (MDS2) form.